What is e-form MGT-7
- Form MGT-7 is the form prescribed for Annual Return Form applicable to all companies except one person company and small companies.
- It is mandatory to file Form MGT-7 by all companies registered in India with the Registrar of Companies (ROC) on the website of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- Form MGT-7 is mandatory to be filed to ROC along with prescribed fees.
What is the due date for the Form MGT-7?
Generally, the due date for filing the Form MGT-7 is 29th November of every year. This date is calculated on the basis that MGT-7 shall be filed within 60 days from the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of a company or due date of Annual General Meeting, and the due date for AGM for companies is before or on 30th September of every year.
Features of MGT-7
MGT-7 is required to be filed by all OPCs and small companies.
- Form MGT-7 is the form for Annual Return for all Companies.
- Mandatory to Certify by Company Secretary.
- Form can be filed with DSC of Directors only.
Which Companies Must File E-Form MGT-7?
The e-form MGT-7 is applicable on all companies except one person company and small companies. For one person company and small company must file form MGT-7 with the Registrar of Companies(ROC).
One person company means company with only one person registered under Companies Act, 2013.
Section 2(85) of the Companies Act defines small companies as companies, other than public companies having:
- A paid-up share capital not more than Rs.2 crore or such specified higher amount which shall not exceed Rs.10 crore.
- A turnover not more than Rs.20 crore or such a specified higher amount which shall not be more than Rs.100 crore.
Attachments Required for Filing Form MGT-7.
The following documents must be attached to the FormMGT-7 under the attachments head available at the end of the form:
- List of debenture holders and shareholders.
- List of directors.
- Approval letter for extension of AGM (if required).
- Optional attachments.
What is the fees for filing Form MGT-7
Fee for Filing Form MGT-7 (in case of company having share capital)
|Nominal Share Capital||Form Fee|
|Less than 1,00,000||Rupees 200|
|1,00,000 to 4,99,999||Rupees 300|
|5,00,000 to 24,99,999||Rupees 400|
|25,00,000 to 99,99,999||Rupees 500|
|1,00,00,000 or more||Rupees 600|
In case of delay in the filing of MGT 7 annual company return, a company is required to pay an additional fee as a penalty along with the normal fee. The MGT 7 late filing fees is Rs. 100 per day.
Purpose of the MGT-7 e-Form
Every company shall prepare Annual return in form MGT-7 with particulars of the financial year related wherever applicable:
- Company Registration details.
- Principal business activities of company.
- Details of Shares, Debentures and the other securities along with the shareholding pattern.
- Along with the changes in its debenture-holders, members and the promoters since previous financial year closing.
- Details of meetings of the members, the Board and its various committees in addition to details of attendance.
- The salary of the directors.
- Punishment or Penalty in any other form that is imposed on the company or other officials and the appeals that have been made against such punishment or penalty.
- Non-compliances with applicable Acts, Laws, Rules, Regulations.