Copyright Registration is part of intellectual property rights. Copyright used for the purpose of literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, etc. Copyright is applicable to certain forms of creative work. Copyrights can be granted by public law. Copyrights are registered under The Copyright Act, 1957. Copyright Registration provides protection to the owner. Copyright used by which no one can misuse the right of the owner of the copyright on dramatic, artistic, musical, literary, etc.
Owners of copyright registration have the right to issue a license for using his copyright to any other person for a particular purpose, time period.
In India, copyright registration grants permission to the owner an exclusive sole right to distribute, replicate, reproduce the work or issue license for using copyright to any other person for a particular period of time or purpose.
Process of Copyright Registration:
- File an application in the concerned form along with a fee to DP/IPO, mentioning the particulars of work.
- The application form must be duly signed by the applicant and the application form submitted by the advocate under which the power of attorney is executed.
- After submission of the application, you will be issued a diary number.
- Copyright examiner examines the application within 30 days for any discrepancies or objections.
- After removing the discrepancies or objections, the copyright will be registered and the Copyright Office shall issue the Extracts of Register of Copyrights (ROC) which is nothing but the Registration Certificate.
INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT:
- Infringement of copyright means the use of work protected by copyright without the permission of the owner, thereby infringing certain exclusive rights granted to the copyright holder, such as the right to distribute, replicate and reproduce the work. Copyright holder has exclusive right to penalize and take preventive measures of copyright infringement.
Copyright Registration protects the original work such as literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, etc., so that no one can infringe the exclusive right of the copyright holder. Copyright grants permission to the owner an exclusive sole right to distribute, replicate, reproduce the work or issue license for using copyright to any other person for a particular period of time or purpose.
Basic Features to Read before starting private limited company
A private company is required to add the word “Private Limited” or “Pvt. Ltd.” to the end of its name. A private company should have at least two members and two directors. The private company has the right to issue debentures to any number of persons.
Features of Public Limited Company
MCA provides the facility for the incorporation of public limited companies. For incorporation, firstly apply for name through RUN (Reserve Unique Name) on the MCA portal. After the availability of name from ROC we should file incorporation form i.e. Spice 32, INC 33(for eMOA), INC 34(for eAOA), .