As per the provision of Income Tax Act, all companies registered in India i.e. private limited company, public limited, one person company are required file income tax return each year in addition to MCA annual return, companies must also file income tax return irrespective of income, profit or loss.
Private limited companies, limited companies and one person companies would be required to file Form ITR -6. The due date for filing income tax return for a company is on or before the 30th of September
1.Due date of income tax return:
- The due date for filing income tax return in Form ITR-6 for a company is on or before the 30th of September.
- 2.Due date of AOC-4:
- Private Companies registered under Companies Act, 2013 are required to file their financial statement in Form AOC-4 within 30 days of holding Annual General Meeting.
- Due date of MGT-7:
Private Companies registered under Companies Act, 2013 are required to file their annual return in Form MGT-7 within 60 days of holding Annual General Meeting.
- Companies registered before 31st december 2017 are required to file eform Active (Active Company Tagging Identities and Verification) in eform INC-22A before 25th april. And penalty for non filling is Rs 10000.For more details of annual compliance, kindly click the compliance section.
- 4.Due date Active eform:
As per the provision of Income Tax Act, it is mandatory to all Partnership Firm to get its books of accounts audited by Practicing Chartered Accountant in these conditions are under as follows:
- If total sales, turnover or gross receipts exceeds Rs. 1 Crore in any previous year, in case of business;
Note: Provided that this section is not applicable to the person, who opts for presumptive taxation Scheme under Section 44AD and his total sales or turnover does not exceed Rs 2 crores.
- If total gross receipt of professional firm exceed Rs 50 lakhs in any previous year.
The threshold limit will be amended as applicable to the Assessment Year
Partnership firms are required to file income tax return in form ITR 5.
Basic Features to Read before starting private limited company
Private company is required to add the word “Private limited” or “Pvt. Ltd.” to end of its name. Private company should have at least two member and two directors. Private company have right to issue debentures to any number of persons.
Features of Public Limited Company
MCA provides the facility for incorporation of public limited company. For incorporation, firstly apply for name through RUN (Reserve Unique Name) on MCA portal. After availability of name from ROC we should file incorporation form i.e. Spice 32, INC 33(for eMOA), INC 34(for eAOA), .