Form ADT-1 is used by a company to intimate the registrar of companies about the appointment of an auditor after the completion of its annual general meeting (AGM).
Sec 139 (1) of the Companies Act 2013 mandates this and this form has to be filed at the time of appointment of auditor at AGM.
Details of Auditor to be submitted:
Details like the category of auditor (firm or an individual practitioner), PAN number of the auditor, Chartered Accountancy membership number, Address, Email-id, the period for which appointment is made, date of appointment along with the date of AGM, membership number of vacated auditor, date and reason of casual vacancy if any etc.
When should you file Form ADT-1?
Form ADT-1 must be filed with the registrar of companies within 15 days from the date of appointment of the Auditor.
For example, if the company’s AGM was held on 30 September, then form ADT-1 has to be filed by 15 October.
What are the documents to be filed along with the form ADT-1?
The list of documents to be attached with the form ADT-1 are:
- Company’s Board resolution copy
- Written consent from the Auditor
- A certificate from the auditor that he/she not disqualified to be appointed as an Auditor
Points to remember:
- Filing of form ADT-1 is mandatory for all companies either listed/unlisted/private/public/others.
- The responsibility to file form ADT-1 is that of the company and not of the auditor.
- Form ADT-1 has to be filed even in case of appointment of the auditor for a casual vacancy.
- Copy of intimation given by the company to the auditor.
E-Filing of form ADT-1
- Form ADT-1 can be e-filed. This form can be downloaded from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) website.
- E-Form is auto approved.
- Once the E-Form is registered by the concerned authority, an acknowledgement mail is sent to the registered e-mail ID.
Filing Fees of FORM ADT-1 with ROC:
fees of ADT-1 Form is depend upon the Capital of Companies.
|Authorised share Capital(in INR)||Fees|
|1,00,000 or less than 1,00,000||200|
|More than 1,00,000 but less than 5,00,000||300|
|More than 5,00,000 but less than 25,00,000||400|
|More than 25,00,000 but less than 100,00,000||500|
|100,00,000 or more||600|
Amount of penalty imposed on delayed filing Form:
|Sr.No.||Delayed in filing Form||Penalty Amount|
|1||Upto 30 Days||Twice the Normal fees|
|2||Between 30 to 60 Days||4 times of Normal fees|
|3||Between 60 to 90 Days||6 times of Normal fees|
|4||Between 90 to 180 Days||10 times of Normal fees|
|5||More than 180 Days||12 times of Normal fees|
Form ADT-1 holds the utmost importance when it comes to the appointment of an auditor in your company. These Forms are mandatory to be filed by the companies within the prescribed deadline of 15 days. If you can any doubt regarding this, you can contact company suggestion.