What is Director Identification number?
DIN is the Director Identification Number for the company directors which assigned by the central government. It is a unique 8-digit identification number with lifetime validity. Details of the managers or appointed partners remains in a database through DIN.
APPLICATION OF DIN
DIN is a unique id number assigned to a person who is to be appointed as the Director/Partner when applying for e-form DIR-3. When an LLP partner wants to change his appointment from a partner to a designated partner, he must apply for DIN. DIN is a person’s definition if the same person is the director of two businesses. He does not need to apply for a new DIN even though he leaves the company and enters another business as a Director.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR DIN FORM (E-FORM DIR 3)
The following documents are required for DIN form:
- Photograph of the applicant.
- Self- attested copy of PAN card.
- Self attested proof of residence i.e. , Aadhar card/Any utility bill or bank statement not older than two months (in the name of applicant).
- Attested passport copy is mandatory as ID proof for foreign nationals.
- Digital signature certificate.
SIGNING OF FORM DIR-3 (DIN APPLICATION) FOR DIN
The applicant need to digitally sign the DIR-3 form followed by a signature post verification from the Company Secretary on full-time employment of the Company or by the Managing Director or Director or CEO or CFO of the existing company in which the applicant is intends to be appointed as a director.
MANDATORY COMPLIANCE FOR DIN NUMBER: KYC
According to the MCA guidelines, any DIN holder with a valid DIN number must provide the MCA with his KYC information. This information is also obligatory for disqualified directors.
Guide to file DIR-3 KYC:
- Nationality and Citizenship information: Gender and Date of birth
- Permanent Account Number
- Voter ID card
- Passport (mandatory for foreign national DIN)
- Driving License
- Aadhar card
- Personal Mobile number
- Personal E-mail address
- Residential address
Apart from the items mentioned above, please keep the following things ready:
- Digital signature with an individual application form submission (applicant).
- Attestation of documents from practitioners such as CA, CS or Cost Accountants, as mentioned above. In case of Non-Indian citizens the approval of the documents should come from the designated authority.
- The applicant must have a statement properly approved by practitioners.
FAIL TO FILL E-FORM DIR-3 KYC
If a DIN holder does not submit the DIR-3 KYC on the site of MCA , the department must mark the DIN “Deactivated due to non-filing of DIR-3 KYC”.
If the holder of a DIN wishes to revitalize his DIN by sending e-form DIR-3 KYC at the last date, he shall be able to do so after paying a Rs 5,000 fee after the due date. To keep the DIN numbers approved, this form must be filled annually.