What is e-form MGT-7A
- Form MGT-7A is the form prescribed for Annual ReturnForm applicable to a One Person Company and Small companies.
- Form MGT-7A for OPCs and small companies is applicable for Financial Year 2020-21 and onwards.
- It is mandatory to file Form MGT-7A by all OPCs and small companies registered in India with the Registrar of Companies (ROC) on the website of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- Form MGT-7A is mandatory to be filed to ROC along with prescribed fees.
What is the due date for the Form MGT-7A ?
Generally, the due date for filing the Form MGT-7A is 29th November of every year. This date is calculated on the basis that MGT-7A shall be filed within 60 days from the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of a company , and the due date for AGM for companies is before or on 30th September of every year.
Features of MGT-7A
MGT-7A is required to be filed by all OPCs and small companies.
- Form MGT-7A is the form for Annual Return for One Person Company (OPC) and Small Company.
- While filing Form MGT-7A, Company has to select the applicability out of two – a) OPC, b) Small Company.
- Not mandatory to Certify by Company Secretary.
- Form can be filed with DSC of Directors only.
Which Companies Must File E-Form MGT-7A?
The e-form MGT-7A is only applicable on One Person Companies (OPCs) and small companies. Other companies registered under the Companies Act, 2013 must file form MGT-7 with the Registrar of Companies (ROC).
Section 2(85) of the Companies Act defines small companies as companies, other than public companies having:
- A paid-up share capital not more than Rs.2 crore or such specified higher amount which shall not exceed Rs.10 crore.
- A turnover not more than Rs.20 crore or such a specified higher amount which shall not be more than Rs.100 crore.
Attachments Required for Filing Form MGT-7A.
The following documents must be attached to the Form MGT-7A under the attachments head available at the end of the form:
- List of debenture holders and shareholders.
- List of directors.
- Approval letter for extension of AGM.
- Optional attachments.
Fee for Filing Form MGT-7A (in case of company having share capital)
What is the fees for filing Form MGT-7A
|Nominal Share Capital||Form Fee|
|Less than 1,00,000||Rupees 200|
|1,00,000 to 4,99,999||Rupees 300|
|5,00,000 to 24,99,999||Rupees 400|
|25,00,000 to 99,99,999||Rupees 500|
|1,00,00,000 or more||Rupees 600|
In case of delay in the filing of MGT 7A annual company return, a company is required to pay an additional fee as a penalty along with the normal fee. The MGT 7 late filing fees is Rs. 100 per day.
Purpose of the MGT-7A e-Form
Every small company and the OPC shall prepare Annual return in form MGT-7A with particulars of the financial year related wherever applicable:
- Company Registration details.
- Principal business activities of company.
- Details of Shares, Debentures and the other securities along with the shareholding pattern.
- Along with the changes in its debenture-holders, members and the promoters since previous financial year closing.
- Details of meetings of the members, the Board and its various committees in addition to details of attendance.
- The salary of the directors.
- Punishment or Penalty in any other form that is imposed on the company or other officials and the appeals that have been made against such punishment or penalty.