As part of Government of India’s Ease of Doing Business (EODB) initiatives, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs launched a new Web Form ‘SPICe+’ (pronounced ‘SPICe Plus’) replacing the existing SPICe form.
SPICe+ would offer 10 services by 3 Central Govt Ministries & Departments (Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Ministry of Labour & Department of Revenue in the Ministry of Finance) and One State Government(Maharashtra), thereby saving as many procedures, time and cost for Starting a Business in India and would be applicable for all new company incorporations w.e.f.23rd February 2020.
SPICe+ has been divided into two parts viz., SPICe+ Part A and SPICe+ Part B.
SPICe+ Part A represents the section wherein all details with respect to name reservation for a new company has to be entered.
SPICe+ Part B represents the section wherein all remaining details required for incorporation of a company has to be entered.
SPICe+ Part A can either be submitted individually ONLY for name reservation or can be submitted together with SPICe+ Part B for both name reservation as well as incorporation.
In case SPICe+ Part A is submitted individually for name reservation, Part B and all other linked forms shall be enabled only after the SRN of SPICE+ Part A is ‘Approved’ i.e. the name is reserved.
Features of SPICe+ Form:
1. SPICe+ would be an integrated Web Form.
2. SPICe+ would have two parts viz.: Part A-for Name reservation for new companies and Part B offering a bouquet of services viz.
(ii) DIN allotment
(iii) Mandatory issue of PAN
(iv) Mandatory issue of TAN
(v) Mandatory issue of EPFO registration
(vi) Mandatory issue of ESIC registration
(vii) Mandatory issue of Profession Tax registration(Maharashtra)
(viii) Mandatory Opening of Bank Account for the Company and
(ix) Allotment of GSTIN (if so applied for).
3. Users may either choose to submit Part-A for reserving a name first and thereafter submit Part B for incorporation & other services or file Part A and B together at one go for incorporating a new company and availing the bouquet of services as above.
4. A new and user friendly Dashboard on the Front Office is being created for company incorporation application (SPICe+ and linked forms as applicable).
5. Incorporation applications (Part B) after name reservation (In Part A) can be submitted as a seamless process in continuation of Part A of SPICe+. Stakeholders will not be required to even enter the SRN of the approved name as the approved Name will be prominently displayed on the Dashboard and a click on the same will take the user for continuation of the application through a hyperlink that will be available on the SRN/application number in the new dashboard.
6. Resubmission of applications for company name reservation and/or incorporation shall also be handled through the application number/Name applied for link on the new dashboard. A hyperlink will be available for the SRN/application number, so as to enable easy resubmission, wherever required.
7. From 23rd February 2020 onwards, RUN service would be applicable only for ‘change of name’ of an existing company.
8. The new web form would Facilitate On-screen filing and real time data validation for seamless incorporation of companies.
9. The approved name and related incorporation details as submitted in Part A, would be automatically Pre-filled in all linked forms also viz., AGILE-PRO, eMoA, eAoA, URC-1, INC-9 (as applicable)
10. For ensuring ease while filing, SPICe+ will be structured into various sections. Information once entered can be saved and modified.
11. All Check form and Pre-scrutiny validations (except DSC validation) will happen on web-form itself.
12. Once the SPICe+ is filled completely with all relevant details, the same would then have to be converted into pdf format, with just a click of the mouse button, for affixing DSCs.
13. All digitally signed applications can then be uploaded along with the linked forms as per the existing process.
14. Changes/modifications to SPICe+ (even after generating pdf and affixing DSCs), can also be done by editing the same web form application which has been saved, generating, the updated pdf affixing DSCs and uploading the same.
15. DSC validation and other validations will happen at Upload Level.
16. Registration for EPFO and ESIC shall be mandatory for all new companies to be incorporated through SPICe+ w.e.f 23rd February 2020 and no EPFO & ESIC registration nos. shall be separately issued by the respective agencies.
17. Registration for Profession Tax shall also be mandatory for all new companies to be incorporated in the State of Maharashtra through SPICe+ w.e.f 23rd February 2020.
18. All new companies incorporated through SPICe+ w.e.f 23rd February 2020 would also be mandatorily required to apply for opening the company’s Bank account through the AGILE-PRO linked web form.
19. Declaration by all Subscribers and first Directors in INC-9 shall be auto-generated in pdf format and would have to be submitted only in Electronic form in all cases, except where Total number of subscribers and/or directors is greater than 20 and/or any such subscribers and/or directors has neither DIN nor PAN.
Note: New companies incorporated through SPICe+ and thereby have obtained EPFO/ESI numbers will have to file statutory returns only when they cross thresholds prescribed under the relevant Acts.
List of Main Division of Industrial Activities:
Agriculture and Allied Activities
Agriculture, Hunting and related Service activities (01);
Forestry, logging and related Service activities(02);
Fishing, Operation of fish hatcheries and fish farms;
Service activities incidental to fishing (05)
Mining & Quarrying
Mining of coal and lignite, extraction of peat (10);
Extraction of crude petroleum and natural gas, service activities incidental to oil and gas extraction excluding surveying (11);
Mining of uranium and thorium ores (12);
Mining of metal ores (13);
Other Mining and Quarrying (14)
Manufacturing (Food stuffs)
Manufacture of food products and beverages (15);
Manufacture of tobacco products (16)
Manufacture of textiles (17);
Manufacture of wearing apparel, dressing and dyeing of fur (18)
Manufacturing (Leather & products thereof)
Tanning and dressing of leather, manufacture of luggage handbags, saddlery & harness and footwear (19)
Manufacturing (Wood Products)
Manufacture of wood and of products of wood and cork, except furniture; manufacture of articles of straw and plating materials (20)
Manufacturing (Paper & Paper products; Publishing, printing and reproduction of recorded media)
Manufacture of paper and paper products (21);
Publishing, printing and reproduction of recorded media (22)
Manufacturing (Metals & Chemicals, and products thereof)
Manufacture of coke, refined petroleum products and nuclear fuel (23);
Manufacture of chemicals and chemical products (24);
Manufacture of rubber and plastic products (25);
Manufacture of other non-metallic mineral products (26) ;
Manufacture of basic metals (27);
Manufacture of fabricated metal products, except machinery and equipments (28)
Manufacturing (Machinery & Equipments)
Manufacture of machinery and equipment n.e.c (29);
Manufacture of office, accounting and computing machinery (30);
Manufacture of electrical machinery and apparatus n.e.c (31);
Manufacture of radio, television and communication equipment and apparatus (32);
Manufacture of medical, precision and optical instruments, watches and clocks (33);
Manufacture of motor vehicles, trailers and semi-trailers (34);
Manufacture of other transport equipment (35)
Manufacture of furniture; manufacturing n.e.c (36); Recycling (37)
Electricity, Gas & Water companies
Electricity, gas, steam and hot water supply (40);
Collection, purification and distribution of water (41)
Sale, maintenance and repair of motor vehicles and motor cycles; retail sale of automotive fuel (50);
Wholesale trade and commission trade, except of motor vehicles and motorcycles (51);
Retail trade, except of motor vehicles and motorcycles, repair of personal and household goods (52);
Hotels and Restaurants (55)
Transport, storage and Communications
Land transport; transport via pipelines (60);
Water Transport (61);
Supporting and auxiliary transport activities, activities of travel agencies (63);
Post and telecommunications (64)
Financial intermediation, except insurance and pension funding (65);
Activities auxiliary to financial intermediation (67)
Insurance and pension funding, except compulsory social security (66)
Real Estate and Renting
Real estate activities (70);
Renting of machinery and equipment without operator and of personal and household goods (71)
Computer and related activities (72);
Other Business Activities (74)
Community, personal & Social Services
Research and Development (73);
Public Administration and Defence, compulsory social security (75);
Health and Social Work (85);Sewage and refuse disposal, sanitation and similar activities (90);
Activities of membership organizations n.e.c. (91);
Recreational, cultural and sporting activities (92);
Other Service activities (93);
Activities of private households as employers of domestic staff (95);
Undifferentiated goods-producing activities of private households for own use (96);
Undifferentiated service-producing activities of private households for own use (97); Extra territorial organizations and bodies (99)