Form AOC-4 is for filing Financial Statements of Company every year to Registrar of companies. It is form of communication between Board of Directors and Stakeholders of company.
Financial Statement of company includes Balance sheet, Profit and Loss account, Income Statement, Cash flow statement and Notes to financial statement.
Form Aoc-4 filed along with Board Report, Auditors Report, details of CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility), Statement of Subsidiary/ies of company.
Filing Form AOC-4:
Every company required to file Financial Statement of Company with ROC in Form AOC-4. It is mandatory disclosure through financial statement of company. Companies which has any subsidiary or subsidiaries or Joint Venture or Associate etc. shall required to file a Consolidated Financial Statement in Form AOC-4 CFS along with Form AOC-4.
If company covered under XBRL requirement under Companies (Filing of documents & Forms in Extensible Business Reporting Language) Rules, 2015, the financial statements of company should be uploaded in the XBRL format. Following class of companies shall file Financial Statement in e-form AOC-4 XBRL:
- All companies listed with one or more Stock Exchange(s) in India and their Indian subsidiaries
- All companies having paid up capital of rupees 5 crore or more
- All companies having turnover of rupees 100 crore or more
- All companies which require to prepare Financial Statements in accordance with Companies (Indian Accounting Standard Rule) 2015.
Due Date of Filing Form AOC-4:
Financial statements adopted at AGM along with Consolidated Financial Statement if required along with documents which required to attach then Form AOC-4 file along with fees within 30 days of Annual general Meeting.
In case of adjourned meeting financial statement file with ROC within 30 days of adjourned meeting.
If in case Financial Statements are not been adopted financial statement file with ROC within 30 days of Annual General Meeting (Financial Statement will considered as provisional till adopted financial statements are filed).
Certification of AOC-4:
A declaration has to be given by the Director/Manager/Secretary/CEO/CFO certifying that all information provided in the form is true and correct and is in compliance with applicable law. This form has to be digitally signed by director.
A full-time practising Chartered Accountant/Cost Accountant/ Company Secretary has to provide a declaration stating he/she has verified all the documents attached and certify all the information to be true, correct and complete.
Points to be kept in mind while filing Form:
- Ensure latest version of e-form before filing Form AOC-4
- Starting and end date of financial statement clearly mention in form
- Part B of form consists of various details with regard to the balance sheet and the financial parameters of the balance sheet, this needs to be entered.
- Disclosure of accounting standards applicable on company.
- Details of related party transaction.
- If applicability of CSR on company mention turnover, net worth, average net profit of last 3 years financial year, prescribe CSR expenditure.
- Attachment must verify with the original documents.
Fees for filing Form AOC-4:
Fee for Filing Form AOC-4 (in case of company having share capital)
|Nominal Share Capital||Form Fee|
|Less than 1,00,000||Rupees 200|
|1,00,000 to 4,99,999||Rupees 300|
|5,00,000 to 24,99,999||Rupees 400|
|25,00,000 to 99,99,999||Rupees 500|
|1,00,00,000 or more||Rupees 600|
Company not having share capital filing fees will be Rupees 200 per document.
Late fees for filing form:
If form not filed within 30 days of Annual General Meeting as per applicable provision of Companies Act,2013 applicable fees shall be100 per day.
in case of delay in filing the belated financial statement the following fees is applicable:
|Period of delay||Additional fees payable along with normal fees|
|Up to 30 days||2 times of normal filing fees|
|More than 30 days and upto 60 days||4 times of normal filing fees|
|More than 60 days and upto 90 days||6 times of normal filing fees|
|More than 90 days and upto 180 days||10 times of normal filing fees|
|Beyond 180 days||12 times of normal filing fees|